Estate Planning And Family Law Attorneys
Kyla J. Hale
- Associate Attorney
Kelsey C. Glenn
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- University of California, Davis, School of Law, J.D., 2018
- Santa Clara University, B.A. in Philosophy, 2015
Kyla J. Hale is an Associate Attorney in the Probate, Trust Administration, and Estate Planning department at Johnston, Kinney & Zulaica LLP. Kyla enjoys drafting comprehensive estate plans for individuals and families to suit their specific familial, financial, and business needs, including formation of business entities.
Kyla represents individuals and California Licensed Professional Fiduciaries as executors, trustees, and conservators throughout the State of California.
To supplement her work, Kyla is a proud contributing author for Continuing Education of the Bar - California ("CEB"), a legal practice guide in which she contributes to chapters on estate planning and trust administration.
Kyla earned her J.D. in 2018 from the UC Davis School of Law, where she graduated cum laude. Among other things, she earned a Tax Law Certificate and was a member for the prestigious UC Davis Law Review. Kyla earned the Witkin Award in Marital Property.
In her free time, Kyla enjoys making pottery and spending time outdoors.
- California, 2018
- 2018 Recipient of the Witkin Award in Marital Property
- “Rising Star” Northern California Super Lawyers, 2021-2022
- Speaker at Professional Fiduciary Association of California (PFAC) 2022 Annual Conference
- Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Alameda County Bar Association
- State Bar of California, Member
Publications and Seminars
- Update Author for Continuing Education of the Bar Practice Guide, 2020-2022
- CEB California Decedent Estate Practice, Petition for Instructions or Confirmation (2022), Statutory Protections for Family Members (2022 and 2020)
- CEB California Probate Workflow Manual, Summary information (2022 and 2020), Gathering and Maintaining Information (2021 and 2020), Property Not Subject to Probate Administration (2020)
- CEB Drafting California Irrevocable Trusts, Nongrantor Charitable Lead Annuity Trusts (2021), Complete Irrevocable Trust Forms (2021)
- CEB California Will Drafting, Pourover Wills (2020); Revocation (2020)
- CEB California Estate Planning, Structuring the Trust Instrument (2020)
- Speaker, 27th Annual PFAC Educational Conference, 2022
- Speaker, PFAC Northern Educational Day, 2022, The California End of Life Option Act - What have we learned in the past five years and why is it still controversial today?