Jaya K. Reddy
- Associate Attorney
A’sonda F. Adams
- Family Law
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Child Custody
- Spousal and Child Support
- Property Division
- Domestic Violence
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California, J.D., 2019
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 2013
Jaya Reddy is an Associate Attorney in the Family Law department at Johnston, Kinney & Zulaica LLP. As a zealous advocate for her clients during trying times, Jaya enjoys achieving client goals and crafting workable solutions to seemingly impossible issues. She has experience representing parties in marital dissolution, custody, child and spousal support, domestic violence, and parentage matters. She has represented individuals successfully in court and in settlement conferences, and has experience guiding individuals through divorce from beginning to end.
Jaya graduated from UCLA in 2013, lived and taught academic courses in Keelung, Taiwan, and thereafter gained extensive experience in legal accounts receivable in Portland, Oregon. She graduated from Santa Clara University School of Law as an Emery Merit Scholar.
While in law school, Jaya was published in the Journal of International Law regarding international surrogacy, competed in the National Criminal Procedure Moot Court Competition, and led the Family Law Society and the Asian Pacific American Law Student Association. She has clerked for the former Supervising Judge of the Santa Clara County Family Court and numerous family law firms in the Bay Area.
Jaya is actively involved in the South Asian Bar Association of Northern California, the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley, and the Santa Clara County Bar Association.
In her spare time, Jaya enjoys playing tennis, baking, watching the San Francisco Giants play ball, and discovering new music.
- California, 2019
- State Bar of California, Member
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley, Small Firm/Solo Practitioner Committee Chair
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Barristers’ Committee Treasurer
- CLA, Family Law Section Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
Classes & Seminars
- Negotiations for APA Women Litigators, Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley, 2021
- Jaya Reddy, Comment, Indian Surrogacy: Ending Cheap Labor, 18 Santa Clara J. Int’l L. 92 (2020). Available at: https://digitalcommons.law.scu.edu/scujil/vol18/iss1/1/.