Estate Planning And Family Law Attorneys
M. Jean Johnston
- Complex estate planning
- Trust and probate administration
- Individual and fiduciary taxation
- University of California College of the Law, San Francisco, (formerly U.C. Hastings), San Francisco, California, J.D., 1983
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California, L.L.M.
- University of California, at Irvine , California, B.A.
Jean is a frequent lecturer in the areas of tax and estate planning and has spoken at numerous seminars, including the American Bar Association, State Bar of California, American Bankers Association, Continuing Education of the Bar, and Practicing Law Institute.
Jean has written several papers on tax and estate planning and authored "Income, Gift and Estate Tax Considerations for Domestic Partnerships" for the CEB publication "California Domestic Partnerships." She also has served as consultant on other CEB publications.
Jean received her B.A. from the University of California at Irvine, her J.D. from University of California College of the Law (formerly UC Hastings), and has her LL.M in Taxation from Golden Gate University. She is a member of the State Bar of California - Taxation and Estate Planning Sections; BALIF; and the Horizons Foundation Advisory Board. Jean is married and lives in San Francisco, CA.
- California, 1983
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member, Present
- BALIF, Member, Present
- American Bar Association, Member, Present
- State Bar of California, Taxation and Estate Planning Sections, Member
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Income, Gift and Estate Tax Considerations
- Member, Horizons Foundation Advisory Board
- Native American Arts Association
- Georgia O'Keefe Museum
Classes & Seminars
- Tax Conundrums Post Oberfell, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2016
- Estate Planning Post DOMA, Northern Trust, 2014
- Estate Plan Drafting, CEB, 2013
- 2010 Income Splitting Decision, San Francisco Bar Association, 2011
- Evolving Issues in Planning, California State Bar, 2010
- Reconciling Non Conventional Relationships and California Community Property Law, American Bar Association, 2008