Estate Litigation Attorneys In The Bay Area
While litigation during probate or the administration of a trust is relatively rare, when it does arise, the executor, trustee, heirs, beneficiaries and other interested parties need highly qualified legal representation. A number of disputes can arise, including will challenges, claims against the trust administrator and creditor controversies.
The attorneys of Johnston, Kinney & Zulaica LLP are prepared to represent your interests in any type of estate litigation in which you are involved. We provide real solutions to complex estate and trust disputes for people. As successful trial lawyers, we are equally comfortable pursuing a negotiated settlement and arguing your position before a jury.
Resolving The Most Complex Trust And Probate Conflicts
Our trust and estate litigation team handles disputes arising from the validity or administration of estates or trusts, including:
- Contests over the validity or interpretation of trusts, wills and other testamentary documents in part or in full. For example, a claim that a will that disinherits the decedent’s children is invalid.
- Disputes over the capacity of the testator or claims that the testator was a victim of fraud, duress, undue influence or elder abuse
- Claims against trustees and other fiduciaries for misconduct, breach of fiduciary duty, removal and surcharge
- Disputes concerning the characterization and distribution of trust and estate property; controversies over fiduciary accountings
- Community property claims; valuation and tax disputes; establishing and modifying conservatorships
- Any related civil actions
We can help clients from all over the United States, as well as those who may be abroad, so long as the matter involves property or an estate in California.
Though estate litigation is often highly complex, with several parties and subjective interpretations of applicable law involved, we have the skill and resources to reach a positive outcome in any dispute related to probate or trust administration. By working closely with you, we will make sure you understand your rights and responsibilities, the nature of the conflict and your best options for resolution.
Schedule A Consultation With One Of Our Lawyers
To learn more about Johnston, Kinney & Zulaica LLP‘s successful estate litigation practice, contact our San Francisco offices at 415-693-0550 to schedule a consultation. We offer a multilingual staff for your convenience.