Estate Planning And Family Law Attorneys
- Estate Planning - Domestic and International
- Trust Administration
- Tax: Domestic and Cross-Border
- Estate/Gift/Income Tax Compliance
- Entity and Property Tax Related Planning
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California, J.D., 2002
- University of California, Berkeley , California, B.A., 1999
Val Sluetzky is a Partner at Johnson, Kinney & Zulaica LLP. He counsels individuals and families regarding the implementation of various estate planning techniques involving U.S. and foreign property. His practice encompasses developing complex wealth transfer strategies (including family business succession planning, dynasty trust planning, and charitable and split-interest trust arrangements) as well as tailoring revocable living arrangements that are sensitive to family law property characterization concerns.
Val's practice involves counseling individuals with respect to planning strategies and initiatives and tax compliance requirements associated with immigration, expatriation, cross-border transactions and international estate planning. Additionally, Val advises individual and corporate fiduciaries and beneficiaries concerning trust, probate, trust administration and income tax compliance matters.
Prior to joining Johnston Kinney & Zulaica LLP, Val was a Senior Associate at Anderson Yazdi Hwang Minton + Horn LLP and Greene Radovsky Maloney Share & Hennigh LLP.
- California, 2002
- UC Regents' Scholarship
- Hastings Academic Excellence Scholarship
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member, 2015 to 2019
- San Mateo SCPCA, 2015 to 2019
- Private Clients
- High Net Worth Clients
- International Clients