- Associate Attorney
Melissa E. Metz
- Estate Planning
- Beneficiary Representation
- Trustee Representation
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2004
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- LL.M. - 2016
- Major: Taxation
- Wesleyan University, Middletown, Connecticut
- B.A. - 1998
Adam Lazar is an Associate Attorney working in the Estate Planning and Trust & Estates Litigation departments at Johnston, Kinney & Zulaica LLP. Adam enjoys working with clients and their advisors to create estate plans tailored to their unique needs, including plans for entrepreneurs and business owners as well as for families and individuals. Adam also enjoys creating specialized trusts with income and estate tax benefits, as well as trusts for persons with special needs.
Adam brings fifteen years of litigation experience to the Firm's litigation practice. Adam applies his estate planning background to advise and represent heirs, beneficiaries and trustees in defending and challenging wills, trusts, and estates. Adam has represented Firm clients in all stages of litigation.
Prior to joining the Firm, Adam was an estate planning attorney with Jorgenson, Siegel, McClure & Flegel in Menlo Park, California. Adam also previously served as Assistant Regional Counsel and Special Assistant United States Attorney with the Social Security Administration Office of General Counsel in San Francisco.
Adam earned his Bachelor of Arts from Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut, his JD from Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C., and an LLM in Taxation from Golden Gate University in San Francisco. Adam was a San Francisco resident of the Mission and Lower Haight for 15 years before moving with his family to Berkeley in 2019. Outside of work, you can find Adam on the Bay Area hiking trails, in the garden, or on a tennis court.
- California, 2005
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Trusts and Estates and Taxation Sections of the California Bar Association
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- San Francisco Tenants Union, Housing Counselor, 2012-2018
- San Francisco Bicycle Coalition, Bicycle Ambassador, 2006-2018
- Page Street Community Garden, Compost Manager, 2008-2019