- Litigation Attorney
- Wills and Trusts Litigation and Appeals 60%
- Elder Law 30%
- Probate and Estate Administration 10%
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 2012
- Vassar College
Evan D. Winet joined Johnston, Kinney & Zulaica LLP in 2017. Evan's practice focuses on trust and estate litigation, including trust and will contests, fiduciary accountings and surcharge actions, elder abuse litigation and related appeals. He has extensive experience in all phases of litigation in California civil and probate courts.
Evan earned a B.A. from Vassar College, an M.A. from the University of Wisconsin at Madison, and a Ph.D. from Stanford University. He received his law degree in 2012 from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. While in law school, he was a member of the International and Comparative Law Review, the Mediation Clinic, and the Alternative Dispute Resolution Team.
Before joining Johnston, Kinney & Zulaica LLP, Evan practiced as a trust and estate litigation attorney with Evans, Latham & Campisi, PC in San Francisco. In 2012, he worked as a judicial extern to the Honorable Donna M. Ryu, United States District Magistrate Judge for the Northern District of California. Evan is a member of the Trust and Estates Section of the State Bar of California and the Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco. He is admitted to practice before all federal and state courts within California.
Evan is also an Adjunct Professor at the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, where he teaches Wills and Trusts.
- California Bar Association, Present
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Present
- Edward J McFettridge Irnof Court, Member, 2014 to 2017
Classes & Seminars
- Estate Litigation: Challenges to the Validity of Trusts and Estates, CEB, 2016
- California, 2012